Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring!

I know that spring doesn't officially start in astronomical terms until later this month. And I know that it isn't officially here in DC until the Cherry Blossoms start to bloom. But today is ripe with the promise of spring. Yesterday was so clear and beautiful that my coworkers and I did yoga on the lawn after lunch. I slept with the window open and wore only a sweatshirt over my uniform this morning. It is supposed to rain hard tonight, and I can smell it coming in the air. But for now, the skies are blue and clear, the air is warm and fragrant. Little blue flowers are appearing in the grass, the trees are blooming, and the birds are singing. And I am singing with them. I have books to read, courtesy of my neighborhood library, and the sun is out by the time I am awake and still out when I get home. I can smell the dirt and the rain and the flowers in the air. It is a beautiful day, filled with all the promise of spring, and I think it is going to be a wonderful one.

No comments: