Thursday, January 15, 2009

The love of my life

My love affair with the 21st Century in general and the Internet in particular continues unabated.
I got a new laptop for Christmas, it is shiny and I adore it, especially because it runs much faster and quieter than my old one (which probably could have been made to run faster with some extra TLC, but not quieter). I also got a Western Digital portable harddrive, which I just used to transfer all my important files (documents, pictures, music) from the old laptop, making updating my iPod much more straightforward.
I've had a USB thumb drive for years, and I love it too, it makes it much easier to keep important documents on hand.
I actually like Vista, though some things take a bit getting used to, and the new Office (though on my home computer I use Open Office, we have the latest MS Office at work). I like the games, even. And I really dig Microsoft Media Center, because it lets you interact with some cool online media (it has The Guild, which is a very cool web show).
And I love Twitter and other social networking sites, even though it's dorky. It's just silly and fun and reminds me that I have a post on social networking to finish.
I listen to music via Pandora, I save my favorite websites to Delicious (I'd tell you my name, but most of my bookmarks are fanfic or work-related, and thus not particularly interesting to a general audience).
I'm sitting here with my laptop on my lap (atop its cooling station) with a headset on (I was recording some spoken stuff) and typing away and I just feel very connected to everything. It's neat.

In other news, it is very cold in DC, and I am ready for the Inauguration to be over, as are, I think, most Washingtonians.

No comments: