Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thanks Day 21- My parents

I am so exceedingly grateful for my parents. I have the kind of parents I can brag about; the kind other people wish they had.
I grew up in an affectionate family, knowing I was loved unconditionally. My parents support me, they care about my happiness and well-being, they exposed me to art and music and different people and nurtured my talents and interests.
My parents taught me compassion and empathy and patience. They taught me how to read and how to cook, and most importantly, how to love. I can love other people freely and unconditionally because my parents loved each other and me that way. I can take risks in search of happiness because I know that I have the love of my parents.
Love isn't all you need, but knowing that your parents love you no matter what sure helps an awful lot.

No comments: