Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - My Body

This is why I love going to the gym, because of the sense of peace and gratitude and love that the exercise endorphins give me. My quads hate me right now, because I've been doing squats, and I went swimming on Monday and did the stationary bike and rowing machine today. But I love them.
I am grateful for my body, even though it's not perfect. For the strength and endurance I do have, and for the way that I can build more. For my big hands and long fingers and the things that they can do. For my big feet, which give me better balance (and look fabulous in the right pair of heels). I am grateful that I do not have food allergies or chronic illness. Grateful for my body's ability to heal and to whether pain and discomfort.

No comments: